noun (plural thalis)
1A set meal at an Indian restaurant.
- The long menu runs from Mexican nachos with refried beans to Indian thalis, Greek salads and Middle Eastern meze.
- We all ended up at Masala Zone for grand thalis and (Enid Blyton stylee) lashings of homemade lemonade.
- If you want a more relaxed approach, then the pantry provides delicious thalis at your seat via your personal bearer.
1.1A metal plate on which Indian food is served.
- As you might guess, the two options are both thalis, those metal plates with recessed sections for the various foodstuffs.
- She would put another roti on the floor next to the thali, say a prayer and sprinkle water on the roti.
- Meals are served on a thali, a metal tray on which roti, rice, and small bowls are placed.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: thali
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.