noun (plural thalis)
- 1A set meal at an Indian restaurant.More example sentences
- The long menu runs from Mexican nachos with refried beans to Indian thalis, Greek salads and Middle Eastern meze.
- We all ended up at Masala Zone for grand thalis and (Enid Blyton stylee) lashings of homemade lemonade.
- If you want a more relaxed approach, then the pantry provides delicious thalis at your seat via your personal bearer.
- 1.1A metal plate on which Indian food is served.More example sentences
- As you might guess, the two options are both thalis, those metal plates with recessed sections for the various foodstuffs.
- She would put another roti on the floor next to the thali, say a prayer and sprinkle water on the roti.
- Meals are served on a thali, a metal tray on which roti, rice, and small bowls are placed.
from Hindi thālī, from Sanskrit sthālī.