- A reddish-brown deer which lives in low-lying marshy areas of SE Asia.
More example sentences
- Cervus eldi, family Cervidae
- When alarmed thamin can turn on an impressive burst of speed, easily outdistancing hounds in the short run.
- As of today, reasonably large breeding populations of the subspecies thamin exist in North America and Europe, while the other subspecies are restricted to their range countries.
- The bear macaque, a stocky monkey that is less agile than the gibbon, descends from the trees to forage for leaves, fruits, and roots while thamins, large deer with impressive antlers, and Fea's muntjak, small, rare deer, browse on grass and leaves.
late 19th century: from Burmese.