- • informal There will be serious or violent trouble: you’re feeling decidedly neurotic and this might well lead to frustration where the fur may flyMore example sentences
- No formal action has yet been taken, but if the case goes to court, friends predict, the fur will fly.
- An arched tail with the fur fluffed means ‘this is my territory - hang around and the fur will fly!’
- She expects that the fur will fly (but only figuratively, for sure) at Princeton, and right away she offers her view on one subject on the agenda.
More definitions of the fur will flyDefinition of the fur will fly in:
- The US English dictionary