- • informal Used to refer to the police, typically in the context of maintaining order during unrest: the thin blue line holds the frontier between chaos and civilian life, between crime and the American dreamMore example sentences
- Look at the tough new border controls and the co-ordination of European police forces manning the thin blue line against the horde.
- His self-assurance, generated by his exalted status within the department, is complete; it's what guides him during his regular sorties across the thin blue line, from order into chaos and back again.
- People living in rural areas need to take precautions and taking care also helps the police - the thin blue line in the countryside.
More definitions of the thin blue lineDefinition of the thin blue line in:
- The US English dictionary