Definition of the Word of God in English:
1The Bible, or a part of it.
- What does the Word of God warn about replacing Bible Truth with human tradition?
- The revelation of God is found in the Word of God, the gospel enshrined in the scriptures, and all claims for revelation must be brought back and tested there.
- The members of that Bible study stood on the authority of the Word of God.
2Jesus Christ (see Logos).
- For Torrance, too, God's revelation, the Word of God is Jesus Christ.
- Other positions are more centred on Jesus Christ as the Word of God, who gives his distinctive teaching and example - often very different from the prevailing ethos.
- Jesus Christ, being the Word made flesh through the divine power of God, is what a real believer should know.
Definition of the Word of God in:
- US English dictionary