Definition of the Word of God in English:
1The Bible, or a part of it.
- What does the Word of God warn about replacing Bible Truth with human tradition?
- The revelation of God is found in the Word of God, the gospel enshrined in the scriptures, and all claims for revelation must be brought back and tested there.
- The members of that Bible study stood on the authority of the Word of God.
2Jesus Christ (see Logos).
- For Torrance, too, God's revelation, the Word of God is Jesus Christ.
- Other positions are more centred on Jesus Christ as the Word of God, who gives his distinctive teaching and example - often very different from the prevailing ethos.
- Jesus Christ, being the Word made flesh through the divine power of God, is what a real believer should know.
Definition of the Word of God in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan