- Embodying deity in a human form; both divine and human.More example sentences
- It is a basic theological inconsistency for one to believe in Christ, who recapitulates divided humanity and the creation and, at the same time, fail to grasp the restoration of humanity's unity in his theanthropic hypostasis.
- The Lord did not raise the previously fallen image in his theanthropic hypostasis, but united it to his own image by grace.
- The goal of chastity is to help one experience the beauty of the ‘theanthropic’ person and be fully devoted to him or her.
mid 17th century: from ecclesiastical Greek theanthrōpos 'god-man' (from theos 'god' + anthrōpos 'human being') + -ic.
More definitions of theanthropicDefinition of theanthropic in:
- The US English dictionary