Definition of their in English:
- It is ghastly for those who tried so hard to make the model work and who have now lost their jobs.
- They all wanted to show their grief for the loss of a girl whose life touched so many.
- People came out because they felt the power to change the world was in their own hands.
- Anyone who wants to voice their displeasure over that lot has to do a lot of voicing.
- Why would anyone for the sake of their ego want to change the structure of what is going on?
- I am once again reminded, how wrong it is to judge a person by the colour of their skin.
- Their Majesties were welcomed by Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Duke of Edinburgh at the Grand Entrance to Buckingham Palace in London.
- Their Royal Highnesses arrived shortly after 3.30pm and were introduced to several prominent Members of Parliament, local councillors and leaders.
- We were privileged and delighted to receive Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall as official guests on Thursday 24 July.
1 Do not confuse their and there: their is a possessive determiner, used for example in they all tried to hide their faces and said nothing, while there is an adverb of place or position, as in I took a trip up there last week, and is used in phrases such as there is/are: we are aware there are problems. 2 On the use of their in the singular to mean ‘his or her’, see they (usage).
Words that rhyme with theiraffair, affaire, air, Altair, Althusser, Anvers, Apollinaire, Astaire, aware, Ayer, Ayr, bare, bear, bêche-de-mer, beware, billionaire, Blair, blare, Bonaire, cafetière, care, chair, chargé d'affaires, chemin de fer, Cher, Clair, Claire, Clare, commissionaire, compare, concessionaire, cordon sanitaire, couvert, Daguerre, dare, debonair, declare, derrière, despair, doctrinaire, éclair, e'er, elsewhere, ensnare, ere, extraordinaire, Eyre, fair, fare, fayre, Finisterre, flair, flare, Folies-Bergère, forbear, forswear, foursquare, glair, glare, hair, hare, heir, Herr, impair, jardinière, Khmer, Kildare, La Bruyère, lair, laissez-faire, legionnaire, luminaire, mal de mer, mare, mayor, meunière, mid-air, millionaire, misère, Mon-Khmer, multimillionaire, ne'er, Niger, nom de guerre, outstare, outwear, pair, pare, parterre, pear, père, pied-à-terre, Pierre, plein-air, prayer, questionnaire, rare, ready-to-wear, rivière, Rosslare, Santander, savoir faire, scare, secretaire, share, snare, solitaire, Soufrière, spare, square, stair, stare, surface-to-air, swear, Tailleferre, tare, tear, there, they're, vin ordinaire, Voltaire, ware, wear, Weston-super-Mare, where, yeah
Definition of their in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.