- Relating to the rounded fleshy part of the hand at the base of the thumb (the ball of the thumb): the muscles of the thenar eminenceMore example sentences
- The nerve also supplies a branch to the muscles of the thumb, the thenar muscles.
- Shaking the patient's hand at the end of the consultation, the doctor noticed a raised lesion on the thenar eminence of his right hand.
- Wasting of the thenar muscle occurs in under 10% of cases.
mid 17th century: from Greek, literally 'palm of the hand, sole of the foot'.
More definitions of thenarDefinition of thenar in:
- The US English dictionary