- The three virtues of faith, hope, and charity. Often contrasted with natural virtues.More example sentences
- Tolkien depicts the natural virtues as perfected and fulfilled by the theological virtues of faith, hope, and charity.
- John L. Frank said, ‘I remember Ernest once teaching us that the Christian virtue par excellence was not a theological virtue like faith, hope, or charity, nor was it a cardinal virtue like fortitude, temperance, justice, or prudence.’
- He argues that faithful interpretation of texts ‘ultimately depends upon the theological virtues of faith, hope and love’.
More definitions of theological virtuesDefinition of theological virtues in:
- The US English dictionary