- Denoting a term, concept, or statement which has meaning only as part of some theory, so that its use implies the acceptance of that theory.More example sentences
- However obvious and relevant these measures might seem, they are all theory-laden in the sense that they all assume, usually without any argument or justification, a particular theory of economic growth and or development.
- Even assuming that ‘observation’ is theory-laden, this can hardly result in any conclusion about ‘meaning’.
- It has now been accepted that this distinction between raw perception and interpretation is invalid; in fact, all perception is theory-laden.
More definitions of theory-ladenDefinition of theory-laden in:
- The US English dictionary