- (Especially of a deity) combining the form of an animal with that of a man: gods depicted in a therianthropic or hybrid form with human body and animal headMore example sentences
- There are several clear depictions of shamans in a therianthropic form, with hooves clearly visible.
- Neither do any of the other therianthropic individuals represented in the Story of Chang Feng exist in reality, although some people may wish otherwise.
- The finds include the oldest known representation of a bird, a therianthropic sculpture and an animal that most closely resembles a horse.
late 19th century: from Greek thērion 'wild animal' + anthrōpos 'human being' + -ic.
More definitions of therianthropicDefinition of therianthropic in:
- The US English dictionary