- The efficiency of a heat engine measured by the ratio of the work done by it to the heat supplied to it.More example sentences
- It is absurd that we should drive around in vastly expensive, glittering, vulnerable boxes which claim high economy if they do 40 miles or more to the gallon (a thermal efficiency of about 10 per cent).
- It is, of course, a measure of the thermal efficiency of a cooling system.
- Microturbines have thermal efficiencies of between 25 and 35 percent.
More definitions of thermal efficiencyDefinition of thermal efficiency in:
- The US English dictionary