Definition of thermalize in English:
Attain or cause to attain thermal equilibrium with the environment: [with object]: epithermal neutrons are thermalized at depths where tumours tend to grow
More example sentences
- Once the electrons have thermalized, the ions are initially frozen in place because of their relatively large mass and low temperature.
- If the cosmic microwave background is at such a uniform temperature, it should mean that the photons have been thermalized through repeated particle collisions.
- Radiation can only be so uniform if the photons have been mixed around a lot, or thermalized, through particle collisions.
- thermalization noun
- Example sentences
- The collisional thermalization between electrons and ions is very slow, due to the large difference in their masses, and it occurs on a millisecond timescale.
- The magnitude of the observed anisotropic flow effect is sensitive to the degree of thermalization at the collision's earliest moments.
- The horizon size predicted by the existing Big Bang model is too small to account for the observed isotropy in the cosmic microwave background to have evolved naturally by thermalization.
Definition of thermalize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.