- An ion or electron emitted by a substance at high temperature.More example sentences
- Alloyed thorium enhances the emission of thermions by lowering the work function barriers.
- When the main power supply of the X-ray tube is on, the cathode emits thermions as it is heated by a heater.
- Another theory is that, since energy is required to extract electrons from the heated material, there should be cooling when thermions are emitted.
More definitions of thermionDefinition of thermion in:
- The US English dictionary