(US thermionic tube)
- A device giving a flow of thermionic electrons in one direction, used especially in the rectification of a current and in radio reception.More example sentences
- It's rather odd therefore that even though we ditched thermionic valves for transistors and integrated circuits many years ago, the cathode ray tube has remained the most cost-effective display system.
- The speaker or singer uses a microphone feeding into the above-mentioned amplifier, which incorporates vacuum tubes (thermionic valves).
- The basic thermionic tube with three electrodes is called a triode in view of the number of electrodes.
More definitions of thermionic valveDefinition of thermionic valve in:
- The US English dictionary