- An electrical resistor whose resistance is greatly reduced by heating, used for measurement and control.More example sentences
- In a temperature-compensated crystal oscillator, a thermistor generates a correction voltage to keep the oscillator's frequency more constant.
- The conductors are connected through a connector to a circuit which measures the voltage and/or resistance of each of the thermistors, which is dependent upon its temperature.
- When a thermistor or thermocouple wire runs through the catheter, the continuous measurement of urinary bladder temperature is displayed on the digital readout of a monitor.
1940s: contraction of thermal resistor.
More definitions of thermistorDefinition of thermistor in:
- The US English dictionary