- A thermoelectric device for measuring temperature, consisting of two wires of different metals connected at two points, a voltage being developed between the two junctions in proportion to the temperature difference.More example sentences
- This effect is used in thermocouples, which measure temperature based upon change in electric flow.
- Chamber temperature was measured with thermocouples.
- A thermocouple consists of wires made of two different metals or alloys, and it has two junctions.
More definitions of thermocoupleDefinition of thermocouple in:
- The US English dictionary