Definition of thermoforming in English:
The process of heating a thermoplastic material and shaping it in a mould.
- While thermoforming shapes a package to conform to the device it holds, flow wrapping achieves its shape by wrapping a single layer of film around the product and then sealing it.
- Once the blank is finished it is moved to a press where it undergoes a traditional thermoforming process.
- The program is focusing on a thermoforming process using glass-fiber-reinforced polyamide, PBT (polybutylene terephthalate) and polystyrene resins in order to reduce production cycle times.
- Example sentences
- Plus, our thermoformers find it easy to process.
- To produce large medical devices, a thermoforming company invested in a four-station rotary thermoformer, capable of molding enclosures from one continuous sheet of plastic.
- He explains that it will arrive at the molder or thermoformer in rolls, or it can be blanked to pre-cut sheets.
Definition of thermoforming in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia