- Any of a class of sulphur-containing drugs that increase the excretion of sodium and chloride and are used as diuretics and to assist in lowering the blood pressure: [as modifier]: thiazide diureticsMore example sentences
- If you have diabetes and high blood pressure, taking a thiazide diuretic plus an ACE inhibitor can decrease your risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Combinations of several drugs will be required for most patients, and such an antihypertensive treatment cocktail should include a thiazide diuretic.
- Initial combination therapy should consist of a thiazide diuretic (in most cases) in combination with an ACE inhibitor or beta blocker.
More definitions of thiazideDefinition of thiazide in:
- The US English dictionary