- Any of a class of dyes whose molecules contain a ring of one nitrogen, one sulphur, and four carbon atoms.More example sentences
- Toluidine blue is a basic dye of the thiazine series closely related to methylene blue.
- These novel thiazines have an excellent capacity for protecting technical materials from being infected by micro-organisms.
- It appears from this study, comparing oxygen radical yields of these substances with those of the photosensitizing dyes in the classes including the xanthenes, acridines, thiazines, and phenazines, that these dyes may be even more potent producers of these highly toxic radicals.
More definitions of thiazineDefinition of thiazine in:
- The US English dictionary