- 1(Of a process or device) using or involving a relatively thick solid or liquid film: a thick-film coating systemMore example sentences
- The mechanism of solid-film lubrication is essentially the same as that of thick-film lubrication, except that the lubricant is a solid substance.
- 1.1 Electronics Denoting a miniature circuit or device based on a metal film: a thick-film resistorMore example sentences
- Compared to printed circuit boards, which are much more common, thick-film technology exhibits outstanding thermal, chemical and mechanical stability.
- They have been used to make heaters by scree- printing thick-film resistive elements on the insulated areas for the last ten years.
- A suite of equipment is available for the laboratory-scale preparation of thick-film ceramics.