- another term for stone curlew.More example sentences
- Stone curlews - now called thick-knees - glare at you in basilisk manner, spurt stiffly a few yards and then glare at you again, surprised that you're still there.
- Shore bird numbers are declining, he says, particularly among oystercatchers, red-capped dotterels and beach thick-knees.
- Cape thick-knees mate for life and are protective parents, nesting in a shallow scrape next to a small landmark.
More definitions of thick-kneeDefinition of thick-knee in:
- The US English dictionary