noun (plural thimbleberries)
A North American blackberry or raspberry with thimble-shaped fruit.
- Genus Rubus, family Rosaceae: several species, including R. odoratus, which has large, fragrant flowers and unpalatable fruit
More example sentences
- Delicious, dewy-cold thimbleberries were scattered on top.
- To add to his challenges, Likes must deal with a high volume of brush such as thimbleberry, twinberry, elderberry, and fireweed.
- Common in the understory are chokecherry, beaked hazelnut, a wild rose, red baneberry, thimbleberry, and bracken.
Definition of thimbleberry in:
- The US English dictionary