Definition of think tank in English:
A body of experts providing advice and ideas on specific political or economic problems: a think tank devoted to the study of political and economic integration
More example sentences
- The independent academy is regarded as a think tank for crucial political and social issues for the Chinese government.
- John moves on from his distinguished career as a student to working for a government think tank in a university.
- And recently a government think tank came up with the idea that people owning a second property should pay a higher rate of council tax.
- Example sentences
- It will take some time for the mood of the American people to work its way into the politicians, policy makers, and think-tankers.
- He was a think-tanker who put his ideas to work and became a fabulously successful investor.
- I talked to several Pentagon policy officials and think-tankers last week about this argument, and I am starting to see its credibility.
Definition of think tank in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan