Definition of third-generation in English:
1Of a more advanced stage of technology than a second-generation model or system.
- As yet, this third-generation technology has no name.
- It took him four years to assemble his current, third-generation prototype of a carbon nanotube transistor.
- The offices will be built to third-generation specification and will have air conditioning.
1.1Denoting a broadband digital telephone technology that uses packet switching, supporting Internet connection and multimedia services for both mobile and landline phones.
- These functions will be at the heart of the mobile phone third-generation networks.
- The researchers say mergers and takeovers will be needed because third-generation mobile phone services will not move into profit before 2013.
- The race to be the first to launch third-generation mobile phone services is hotting up.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan