- 1A fielding position near the boundary behind the slips.More example sentences
- I'd put him at long leg, then mid-off, then third man and back to long leg several times between overs just to let him know who's in charge now.
- I tried to steer one to third man, but guided it to first slip instead
- I attempted a glide down to third man, and ended up edging it to slip
- 1.1A fielder at third man.More example sentences
- Both Marcus Trescothick and Andrew Strauss weathered the opening hostility and, aided by the lack of a third man, started scoring freely.