- Serving to relieve thirst; refreshing.More example sentences
- That evening we just have time to wander among the ruins of its resplendent twelfth century Priory before paying homage to St Cuthbert, in our own way: with a couple of pints of thirst-quenching local ale.
- Cool melon, its musky flavour sharpened with lemon, is one of the few fruits that works as a first course and made a thirst-quenching beginning for a summer meal.
- The glasses had been well chilled making the beers truly thirst-quenching on the warm day that Wednesday was.
- More example sentences
- The reader is introduced to tropical dishes like ackee and saltfish, thirst quenchers like rum punch and is entertained by reggae, calypso and a week long carnival celebration.
- Iced herbal teas are also a great summer thirst quencher and can be drunk at any time during the day.
- Water is the best thirst quencher; down lots of it.
More definitions of thirst-quenchingDefinition of thirst-quenching in:
- The US English dictionary