Definition of thirst-quenching in English:
Serving to relieve thirst; refreshing.
- That evening we just have time to wander among the ruins of its resplendent twelfth century Priory before paying homage to St Cuthbert, in our own way: with a couple of pints of thirst-quenching local ale.
- Cool melon, its musky flavour sharpened with lemon, is one of the few fruits that works as a first course and made a thirst-quenching beginning for a summer meal.
- The glasses had been well chilled making the beers truly thirst-quenching on the warm day that Wednesday was.
thirst quencher noun
- Example sentences
- The reader is introduced to tropical dishes like ackee and saltfish, thirst quenchers like rum punch and is entertained by reggae, calypso and a week long carnival celebration.
- Iced herbal teas are also a great summer thirst quencher and can be drunk at any time during the day.
- Water is the best thirst quencher; down lots of it.
Definition of thirst-quenching in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan