Definition of thirst-quenching in English:
Serving to relieve thirst; refreshing.
- I am readily available for a game of golf and a thirst-quenching beer to follow.
- They're sensational in summer: you get all the personality of a rose plus the thirst-quenching action of bubbles.
- Len described the brew as "a light coloured, full bodied beer with a thirst-quenching full flavour and a hint of heather".
- 1thirst quencher noun
- Example sentences
- Water is the best thirst quencher; down lots of it.
- Stimulant drinks like Red Bull must carry clear warnings about using them as a mixer with alcohol or as a thirst quencher during exercise.
- To quench one's thirst before a yummy feast, the hotel has an awesome spread of speciality thirst quenchers.
Definition of thirst-quenching in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.