Definition of thirteen in English:
1Equivalent to the sum of six and seven; one more than twelve, or seven less than twenty; 13: thirteen miles away a rise of 13 per cent thirteen of the bishops voted against the motion (Roman numeral: xiii or XIII)
More example sentences
- I figure we probably have twelve or thirteen years left to go.
- It's something like twelve or thirteen years since I last had a stream of colds like this and I've been relatively free of them since.
- Previously they have been ranked as the most intense set of examinations in the world, with a maximum of thirteen exams in seven days.
1.2Thirteen years old: two boys aged eleven and thirteen
More example sentences
- The children were ragged and dirty, and all looked to be between the ages of eleven and thirteen.
- Ivan was sixteen, Alexis thirteen, Andrei eleven, I was nine and Natalia was three.
- My most interesting experience from a linguistic point of view was when I moved from Malaysia to Australia at the age of thirteen.
Words that rhyme with thirteenAberdeen, Amin, aquamarine, baleen, bean, been, beguine, Benin, between, canteen, careen, Claudine, clean, contravene, convene, cuisine, dean, Dene, e'en, eighteen, fascine, fedayeen, fifteen, figurine, foreseen, fourteen, Francine, gean, gene, glean, gombeen, green, Greene, Halloween, intervene, Janine, Jean, Jeannine, Jolene, Kean, keen, Keene, Ladin, langoustine, latrine, lean, limousine, machine, Maclean, magazine, Malines, margarine, marine, Mascarene, Massine, Maxine, mean, Medellín, mesne, mien, Moline, moreen, mujahedin, Nadine, nankeen, Nazarene, Nene, nineteen, nougatine, obscene, palanquin, peen, poteen, preen, quean, Rabin, Racine, ramin, ravine, routine, Sabine, saltine, sardine, sarin, sateen, scene, screen, seen, serene, seventeen, shagreen, shebeen, sheen, sixteen, spleen, spring-clean, squireen, Steen, submarine, supervene, tambourine, tangerine, teen, terrine, transmarine, treen, tureen, Tyrrhene, ultramarine, umpteen, velveteen, wean, ween, Wheen, yean
Definition of thirteen in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan