nounMusic , chiefly North American
- A demisemiquaver.More example sentences
- Though marked pianissimo and dolce, Piano I intensifies the accompaniment of the bell effects by passing from quadruplet sixteenth to triplet sixteenth to octuplet thirty-second notes at a mezzopiano level before resuming the melody.
- It contains a recurring rhythm of sixteenth, dotted sixteenth and thirty-second notes that is difficult to discern.
- This section, as performed in the aria, is not a traditional cadenza, and the thirty-second notes, which are included exactly as noted in the original score, may disorient young flutists who tend to perform this figure as grace notes.
More definitions of thirty-second noteDefinition of thirty-second note in:
- The US English dictionary