- Surgical incision into the chest wall.More example sentences
- Techniques for pleurodesis include thoracotomy, thoracoscopy, chest tube insertion, and thoracentesis.
- Some benefit has been observed when using epidural opiates alone for mastectomy, thoracotomy, extremity surgery and lower abdominal surgery.
- The patient was subsequently referred to our hospital, where he underwent thoracotomy with left upper lobectomy and partial pericardiectomy.
late 19th century: from Greek thōrax, thorāc- 'chest' + -tomy.
More definitions of thoracotomyDefinition of thoracotomy in:
- The US English dictionary