- 1A small Australian warbler with drab plumage and a pointed bill.
More example sentences
- Genus Acanthiza, family Acanthizidae: several species
- Their hosts include weaverbirds and sunbirds in Africa and Asia, as well as fairy wrens and thornbills in Australia.
- We found high rates of acceptance of nonmimetic eggs in thornbills and fairy-wrens.
- The next morning, before going to the airport, we drove to Wungong Gorge near Armadale and saw long-billed black cockatoos, western thornbills and western rosellas.