- A mental assessment of the implications of a hypothesis: the far-sighted politician must do a thought experiment and apply the test of warMore example sentences
- The soul could conceivably exist without a body, as Descartes tried to show when he carried out the thought experiment of imagining himself subject to demonic deception.
- It is a thought experiment designed to arrive at a practical judgment, action upon which is anticipated to resolve one's predicament.
- By trusting our intuitions in the thought experiment, we falsely conclude that rapid waves cannot be light either.
More definitions of thought experimentDefinition of thought experiment in:
- The US English dictionary