- A vacant or unfocused gaze into the distance, seen as characteristic of a war-weary or traumatized soldier: on every bench and wall sit silent hunched figures with thousand-yard staresMore example sentences
- His vacant thousand yard stare said it all.
- Taylor's pretty gray now and has that thousand yard stare old cowboys get.
- Realizing the implications of what he is doing, he stops abruptly, and a haunted, thousand-yard stare crosses his face.
More definitions of thousand-yard stareDefinition of thousand-yard stare in:
- The US English dictionary