- 1An act of physically beating someone; a beating: a sound thrashing might teach the individual to refrain from complainingMore example sentences
- Little Maddie had to be rescued from her mother's thrashing lest she be injured.
- 2A heavy defeat of a sporting opponent: the thrashings administered by Celtic to AberdeenMore example sentences
- A lack of inside toughness was exposed in a 26-point thrashing by the Blazers last week.
- The Reds had clocked up what was then their biggest ever win by thrashing Gateshead 90-12 on Wednesday.
- Stretford kept themselves in the title race with a comprehensive 83-run thrashing of Westleigh.