adjective (threadier, threadiest)
- 1Relating to or resembling a thread.More example sentences
- Her hair was blonde and thready, and wrinkles covered a face that might have been pretty one day, a long time ago.
- That huge neon glow comes out as a thin, thready coloured tube and nothing like what they saw that night.
- 2(Of a sound, especially the voice) scarcely audible: he managed a thready whisperMore example sentences
- Joe's voice was thready, his eyes glass-green.
- Her voice is faint and thready, and it is easy to imagine her propped up against the pillows in her Thirsk home, struggling to find the strength to continue.
- 2.1 Medicine (Of a person’s pulse) scarcely perceptible.More example sentences
- The tongue is red, and there is a rapid thready pulse.
- Her pulse was thready, and she was in severe need of a doctor.
- A weak, thready pulse and pulsus alternans are associated with decreased left ventricular function.
More definitions of threadyDefinition of thready in:
- The US English dictionary