- A hard, level surface on which corn or other grain is threshed with a flail.More example sentences
- It contains seven bays for hay and grain storage, a threshing floor, two stables and a hayloft.
- Oxen are yoked to the plough, donkeys carry the harvest from field to village, and cows and sheep trample the grain on the threshing floor.
- It would appear that field crops were threshed and sieved in other locations, perhaps in the vicinity of nearby farmhouses, in the fields, or on threshing floors around the perimeter of the site.
More definitions of threshing floorDefinition of threshing floor in:
- The US English dictionary