- 1A novel, play, or film with an exciting plot, typically involving crime or espionage: a tense thriller about a diamond heist that goes badly wrong spy thrillersMore example sentences
- Spy stories, thrillers and crime novels can often be far more realistic about how politics works.
- I read village mysteries and hard-boiled American private eye novels, spy thrillers and police procedurals.
- Clever thrillers that flirt with film noir are always welcome, but this is too smart for its own good.
- 1.1A very exciting contest or experience: a seven-goal thrillerMore example sentences
- Villa's climb up the table continued in this five goal thriller in Mullarney.
- Chorley and Rossendale United go head to head tomorrow in a game that has all the ingredients for a New Year derby thriller.
- In a high scoring cut and thrust thriller the St. Patrick's boys ran out six points winners.
More definitions of thrillerDefinition of thriller in:
- The US English dictionary