Definition of thrilling in English:
Causing excitement and pleasure; exhilarating: a thrilling adventure it’s very thrilling to be here and to congratulate the team on another splendid success
More example sentences
- Book your program reservations in advance to ensure your own thrilling dolphin encounter.
- Hawthorn have ended a miserable week with an agonising 12-point defeat to Carlton in a thrilling encounter at Docklands in Melbourne.
- The medley relays brought events in the pool to a thrilling climax.
- Example sentences
- As Ray makes clear, thrillingly at times, the subject's working life gives the biopic something to show, at any rate, but not necessarily a way to bring out character explicitly, in dialogue.
- Tahitians seem to live to eat; stand next to your average Tahitian lady and you'll feel thrillingly slim, and as most of the food is imported from France, a visit to a Vaitape supermarket is reminiscent of your day trip to Boulogne.
- Unusually perhaps for such an adhesive read, this is not exactly a thriller, rather a thrillingly evocative recreation of a few months in 1940, when the skies seemed dark and weighty with the country's future.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan