- A major road or motorway.More example sentences
- Princess Road was a busy throughway while Russell Street was quieter and closer to the park.
- Barnes was not surprised to see the large number of rigs parked here because they were on a major throughway just north of a border crossing.
- It amused him that the city had actually bothered to put up a green street sign marking the narrow alley that ran the length of downtown sandwiched between the one-way throughways of Lisbon and Canal Streets.
More definitions of throughwayDefinition of throughway in:
- The US English dictionary