- 1A reversion to an earlier ancestral characteristic: the eyes could be an ancestral throwbackMore example sentences
- Aidan was a genetic throwback, apparently, with pale skin and pale hair that was similar to that belonging to several of the family's relations.
- So why must all men look like atavistic throwbacks?
- What if, instead, the attraction is an atavistic throwback to the prehistoric human fascination with telling takes?
- 1.1A person or thing having the characteristics of a former time: a lot of his work is a throwback to the fiftiesMore example sentences
- But with agricultural advances, shepherds are becoming an anachronism - a throwback to a time long before the advent of the Honda quad bike.
- The Persians who live in Los Angeles describe Meybodi as the Larry King of Iran, but he's more dignified than that, a throwback to an earlier age of TV talk shows.
- At first sound, the Beatles seemed a throwback to the rockabilly 50s.
More definitions of throwbackDefinition of throwback in:
- The US English dictionary