- A performance by or competition between DJs, rappers, or similar artistes: a funky hip-hop throwdownMore example sentences
- Jump in the lift, hit the top floor, run into my man Word Perfect, and there I am in the midst of a weeknight hiphop MC freestyle throwdown.
- He's talking about his new weekly hip-hop throwdown, Monday Night Blackout at the Khyber.
- In lofts, basements and other clandestine locations, grandiose throwdowns were holding sway over a new generation of pill-popping rhythmaholics.
More definitions of throwdownDefinition of throwdown in:
- The US English dictionary