- A songbird that is closely related to the nightingale and which replaces it in eastern Europe, the Baltic, and western Asia. Also called sprosser.
More example sentences
- Luscinia luscinia, family Turdidae
- My first attempt at trying to see a thrush nightingale by the Narew River was marred by my inability to use my binoculars properly.
- We trained a thrush nightingale to fly steadily in the wind tunnel, near a reference point to allow visualisation of its wake vortices.
- Plenty of late migrants are passing through this week, with numerous marsh warblers, spotted flycatchers etc. being seen in Abu Dhabi, as well as a thrush nightingale.