- 1Aggressively ambitious: thrusting entrepreneursMore example sentences
aggressive, ambitious, assertive, pushy, pushing, insistent, forceful, forward, energetic, determined, driven, obtrusive, bold, brash; bumptious, presumptuous, full of oneself, self-assertive, overbearing, domineering, cocksure, loud, obnoxious• informal full of get-up-and-go• rare pushful
- South Cumbrian dairy farmers are young, thrusting and ambitious, according to a new survey that flies in the face of gloomy industry forecasts.
- To solve the growing problems, the thrusting entrepreneurs who run the strategic rail authority, a wholly appointed quango, had a momentous idea.
- Set in the 1980s, the story follows the rite of passage of Nick Guest, a young gay aesthete from the provinces who finds himself adopted, after a fashion, by a grand Notting Hill family led by a thrusting Tory MP.
- 2(Of an object or part of the body) projecting in a conspicuous way: a thrusting jawMore example sentences
- The stage was set for an uninhibited six-foot Australian who strode into view with a thrusting jaw, high cheekbones, and trendy designer costumes.
- Other early examples demonstrate the full range of masculine features, with thrusting forehead, strongly marked cheekbones, and sharply protruding eyelids.
- His lanky build and a thrusting nose made her think of a pickaxe.