- Any of various musical instruments, mainly of African origin, made from strips of metal fastened to a resonator and played by plucking with the fingers and thumbs. Also called kalimba, mbira, or sansa.More example sentences
- The opening orchestration evokes for me the sound of the African thumb piano, although one of symphonic size.
- Dance, accompanied by the drum, xylo-phone, or thumb piano, plays an important cultural role in Zambia.
- A must for international roots fans, the veteran musician plays her own uplifting pieces on the Mbira thumb piano.
More definitions of thumb pianoDefinition of thumb piano in:
- The US English dictionary