- 1A crash of thunder.More example sentences
- Half of her words were lost in the noise of a thunderclap that echoed through the sky.
- The first thunderclap brought down raindrops and hailstones as big as marbles.
- As if in response to our comments, a loud thunderclap roared, filling the atmosphere with noise.
- 1.1Used in similes to refer to something startling or unexpected: the door opened like a thunderclapMore example sentences
- The beginning of Howard Zinn's A People's History of the United States breaks open with the force of a thunderclap.
- The commentary continues in a similar tone: ‘America's oldest and most important allies feel snubbed by Bush's unilateral thunderclaps.’
- The joke struck the banker audience like a thunderclap.
More definitions of thunderclapDefinition of thunderclap in:
- The US English dictionary