- 1Relating to or resembling thunder: a thunderous grey cloudMore example sentences
- To his left thunderous cloud heads form, taking shape in colours of grey and blue.
- The haunting Sounding depicting rays of sunlight through thunderous clouds is the stand-out piece of the whole exhibition.
- Her eyes were entranced in the gray sky, just visible outside of the Plexiglas, watching the thunderous clouds roll through the sky like an avalanche.
- 1.1Very loud: thunderous applauseMore example sentences
- Shelley proceeded to name each member, taking notice that Brandon got the loudest, most thunderous applause.
- There was a loud, thunderous applause as she gave them one last smile and burst into tears.
- The loud thunderous music blaring from the beach nearby remained passive to the girl's ears, as she sat deep in thought.
- 1.2Very powerful or intense: no goalkeeper cares to face his thunderous shotsMore example sentences
- Plus Glenn were rocked back on their heels three minutes later when Kevin Savage lashed a thunderous shot off the underside of the Glenn crossbar and into the net.
- It's a thunderous, powerful record housing the sound of a band that appears to have a near-kinetic quality.
- City were denied an equaliser on 32 minutes by the woodwork as City's latest young international Levent Yalcin's thunderous shot from 25 yards clipped the post.
- 2(Of a person’s expression or behaviour) very angry or menacing: Robin’s thunderous mood hadn’t lightenedMore example sentences
- Montgomerie could only manage a second round 71 despite a superb start at PGA Golf de Catalunya - and the thunderous expression on his face told its own story.
- Once home, he had giggled with unabashed glee over the memory of Professor Hawthorne's thunderous expression.
- Faith looked up to see a man striding towards them with a thunderous expression, dragging a little girl with him.
- More example sentences
- Yet people from other cultures are all too ready to accept this packaged fantasy as reality even though it's thunderously obvious to someone from the US that this is pure entertainment and nothing more.
- How welcome, then, that Bennett's position should be demolished so swiftly and thunderously by John Lloyd.
- I was genuinely quite shaken by the film, though - it's all machine guns rattling thunderously in your face and metal clanking noises - but the gore is pretty believable.
- More example sentences
- In every way, the greatness of the deed and the thunderousness of the propaganda should be emphasized.
- With great thunderousness, there was silence in the extreme South East of Europe as Turkish and Russian forces failed to clash.
- The sound, particularly in the battle scenes, is awesome in its stupefying thunderousness.