- another term for hyperthyroidism.More example sentences
- This mechanism is thought to be important in some forms of laxative abuse, diabetic diarrhoea, and thyrotoxicosis.
- Clinical hyperthyroidism, also called thyrotoxicosis, is caused by the effects of excess thyroid hormone and can be triggered by different disorders.
- Too much hormone production, for a variety of reasons, many of which are still unknown, and you get hyperthyroidism, also called thyrotoxicosis.
More definitions of thyrotoxicosisDefinition of thyrotoxicosis in:
- The US English dictionary