(also thyrotrophin /-ˈtrəʊfɪn/)
noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- A hormone secreted by the pituitary gland which regulates the production of thyroid hormones.More example sentences
- Anterior pituitary function was investigated in five patients using glucagon, thyrotrophin releasing hormone, and gonadotrophin releasing hormone challenge.
- The response to thyroxine in patients with positive autoantibodies or abnormal thyrotrophin releasing hormone responses did not differ from that in other participants; numbers were too small for detailed analysis.
- Of these, eight had been treated with thyroxine for an abnormal test result for thyrotrophin releasing hormone, and all considered their menstrual loss to have returned to normal.
More definitions of thyrotropinDefinition of thyrotropin in:
- The US English dictionary