Definition of tian in English:
noun (plural pronounced same)
1A dish of sliced vegetables cooked in olive oil and then layered in a dish and baked au gratin.
- Gravadlax tian with white-radish rémoulade sounded enticing, and it looked picture-perfect when it arrived.
- I started with poached Scottish lobster in a tian of avocado, marinated red pepper with a caviar dressing.
- For centuries, long-cooked, slow-simmered foods have been the hallmark of many cuisines around the world, including humble soups and stews such as the French cassoulet and tian and the Moroccan tagine.
1.1A large oval earthenware cooking pot traditionally used in Provence.
- This is the excuse you needed to buy a beautiful earthenware tian made in the South of France.
- Butter an earthenware tian or any baking dish and pour the mixture into it.
- It turns out that Tian refers to the dish that the melange is baked in.
Definition of tian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan