noun (plural pronunc. same)
- 1A dish of sliced vegetables cooked in olive oil and then layered in a dish and baked au gratin.More example sentences
- Gravadlax tian with white-radish rémoulade sounded enticing, and it looked picture-perfect when it arrived.
- I started with poached Scottish lobster in a tian of avocado, marinated red pepper with a caviar dressing.
- For centuries, long-cooked, slow-simmered foods have been the hallmark of many cuisines around the world, including humble soups and stews such as the French cassoulet and tian and the Moroccan tagine.
- 1.1A large oval earthenware cooking pot traditionally used in Provence.More example sentences
- This is the excuse you needed to buy a beautiful earthenware tian made in the South of France.
- Butter an earthenware tian or any baking dish and pour the mixture into it.
- It turns out that Tian refers to the dish that the melange is baked in.
Provençal, based on Greek tēganon 'frying pan'.
More definitions of tianDefinition of tian in:
- The US English dictionary