1.1A person’s heart.
- The build up of waste in his body would have caused heart failure (given he has a dicky ticker anyway).
- And the heart people say aspirin is awfully good for the old ticker.
- The interesting question now is this: has Mr Howard got the ticker?
2North American A telegraphic or electronic machine that prints out data on a strip of paper, especially stock market information or news reports.
- The network quickly switched to an all-service format showing phone numbers and Red Cross information over the ticker instead of prices.
- Companies could sell subscriptions and place ads inside customized traffic information, weather reports, or sports tickers.
- Demonstrators gathered in a drenching rain under the neon news ticker that carried reports of the latest bombings and troop movements.
2.1 another term for news ticker.
Words that rhyme with tickerbicker, clicker, dicker, flicker, kicker, liquor, nicker, picker, pricker, shicker, slicker, snicker, sticker, tricker, vicar, whicker, Wicca, wicker
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: tick¦er
Definition of ticker in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.